Business Development Executive - Danville, VA
The Danville Register & Bee, a publication of Lee Enterprises, is seeking an energetic, skilled sales executive to drive digital multi-media account growth for new and existing accounts through prospecting, developing, and closing leads using a variety of sources. Lee offers a vast array of digital marketing products, tools and partners to meet advertising needs of any current or future client. We are the fastest growing digital subscription platform in the nation for four years running.
The ideal candidate will possess these critical sales competencies:
- Drive and initiative: We seek someone who thrives on exceeding goals, takes ownership, and hunts for new opportunities.
- Prioritization and organization: You must excel at setting priorities, managing time effectively, and staying organized amidst a busy workload.
- Strategic thinking and business sense: Your ability to think strategically, adapt to changing landscapes, and understand the business side of things is crucial.
- Digital marketing creativity: We need someone who can develop innovative and effective digital advertising solutions.
- Communication and persuasion: You must be a confident speaker and negotiator who can clearly communicate ideas and win over clients.
- Resilience and problem-solving: We value your ability to overcome challenges, stay motivated, and find solutions under pressure.
- Adaptability and comfort with ambiguity: You thrive in dynamic environments, embrace change, and can think critically in complex situations.
- Fast learner and strategic mind: You possess a sharp intellect, grasp concepts quickly, and can apply them strategically to our team's success.
- Client-centric mindset: You are passionate about understanding and catering to the evolving needs of our clients and the industry.
- Digital advertising enthusiast: You have a deep understanding and passion for the digital advertising and marketing world.
Preferred Education & Experience
- 3 or more years in Sales, preferably in Digital Advertising but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrated experience in expanding and growing sales revenue through existing and new business
- Experience with current digital advertising technology and 3rd party research skills such as Google Analytics
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a major subscription and advertising platform and a leading provider of local news and information, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 350 weekly and specialty publications serving 73 markets in 26 states. Year to date, Lee's newspapers have an average daily circulation of 1.0 million, and our legacy websites, including acquisitions, reach more than 33 million digital unique visitors.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.